The main differences between the C50 and DTC1250e are the print speed (21 seconds for a full-colour card), 50 card input hopper and it doesn’t offer any other options such as double-sided, magnetic stripe encoding or ethernet… If you need any of these options, we recommend the Fargo DTC1250e Card Printer.
The C50 is perfect for those who want a single-sided ID card printer with USB connectivity. With a small footprint and ribbon cartridge load from the front makes this card printer ideal for anyone with a small budget.
Have you seen our Standard Card Printer Service Guarantee? It’s free with every Card Printer sold, click here.
- Inexpensive to buy and run.
- Easy to use.
- Sets up in 5 minutes.
- Quick load ribbon cartridge.
- Two Year Warranty.
- Includes our Standard Service Guarantee
- Print Method: Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colours: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Ribbon Options:
- Full-colour with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO, 250 prints
- Standard resin black, 1000 prints
- Premium resin black, 1000 prints
- Resin green, blue, red and white, 1000 prints
- Metallic silver and gold, 500 prints
- Print Speed**: 7 seconds per card (single colour), 12 seconds per card (KO) and 24 seconds per card (YMCKO*)
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (85.6 mm L x 54 mm W) and CR-79 Adhesive Back (84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
- Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge (85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W) and CR-79 (83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
- Accepted Card Thickness: 9 mil – 40 mil / .229 mm – 1.016 mm
- Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish, monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards, optical memory cards with PVC finish and rewrite
- Input Hopper Card Capacity: 50 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 30 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Software Drivers: Windows® XP / Vista™ (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008/ Windows® 7 & Windows® 8 (32 & 64 bit), MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/ 10.7/10.8 (Available soon) / Linux (Available soon)
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Operating Temperature: 18° to 27° C
- Humidity: 20–80% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 224 mm H x 348 mm W x 201 mm D
- Weight: 3.4 Kg
- Agency Listings Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-1-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
- Supply Voltage: 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 amps max.
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Printer – two years
- Printhead – two years, unlimited pass with UltraCard™
- Options: Printer cleaning kit; USB; secure proprietary consumables system
- Software: Swift ID® embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility
- Display: Colour changing status buttons
*Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y= yellow, M= magenta, C= cyan, K= resin black, O= overlay, B= dye sublimation black.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. The processing time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the number of available resources at the time of the print.
***Linux versions: Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 7.0, Fedora 18, Mandriva 2011, Red Hat 6.4, Open Suse 12.3.