High Capacity Card Printing & Encoding
The versatility of the DTC4500e is unsurpassed.
Driven by an extremely robust and reliable print engine, this high volume printer delivers speed, power and versatility rolled into one.
High capacity ribbons enable the DTC4500e to print twice as many full-colour cards as most printers before the ribbon has to be changed, providing continuous, high-quality card printing and encoding.
3 Year Warranty on the printer and the print head plus our Standard Card Printer Service Guarantee is free with every Card Printer sold, click here for more info.
Don’t forget about Fargo’s one time no questions asked print head replacement for the life of the warranty
The DTC4500e is built for customers requiring large volumes and high quality all in a robust machine. With great standard features such as, high capacity ribbons and dual input hoppers that allow for maximum card input capacity. The dual hopper can also manage multiple card types in each hopper, no more changing cards from 1-year club membership card to 5-year club membership card.
Flexible and Secure:
The DTC4500e direct to card printer has optional iCLASS SE® encoder which can be fully integrated into your printer, allowing you to create, encode and manage your credentials securely from start to finish.
The modular design of the DTC4500e enables customers to build on their investment by adding upgradeable field modules for dual-sided printing, lamination and technology card encoding.
Print where you want:
The DTC4500e can be easily integrated into existing IT networks with ethernet or WiFi and can be used for both centralised or remote card printing.
Protect blank card stock and printed/encoded cards with optional locking hoppers.
Energy and Earth Friendly:
ENERGY STAR® certified for efficient energy consumption.
- Print Method: Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colours: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Ribbon Options:
- Full-colour with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO, 500 prints
- Full-colour half-panel with resin black and overlay panel, ymcKO*, 850 prints
- Full-colour with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 500 prints
- Full-colour with fluorescing, resin black and overlay panel, YMCFKO*, 500 prints
- Full-colour with fluorescing, two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCFKOK*, 400 prints
- Full-colour with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKK*, 500 prints
- Resin black and overlay panel, KO*, 1250 prints
- Resin black (standard and premium), 3000 prints
- Dye-sublimation black and overlay panel, BO*, 1250 prints
- Resin green, blue, red, silver, gold and white, 2000 prints
- Print Speed**: 6 seconds per card (K*); 8 seconds per card (KO*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (85.6 mm L x 54 mm W) and CR-79 Adhesive Back (84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
- Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge (85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W) and CR-79 (83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
- Accepted Card Thickness: 9 mil – 40 mil / .229 mm – 1.016 mm
- Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish, monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards, optical memory cards with PVC finish and rewrite
- Input Hopper Card Capacity: Dual-input card hopper 200 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards. (.030″ / .762 mm)
- Reject Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm) – same-side input/output card hopper or lamination module required
- Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller provided with ribbon; cleaning roller is to be replaced with each ribbon change
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Software Drivers: Windows® XP / Windows Vista® (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 (32 bit & 64 bit) /
MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8 (Available soon) / Linux*** (Available soon)
- Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
- Operating Temperature: 18° to 27° C
- Humidity: 20–80% non-condensing
- Single-sided printer: 249 mm H x 460 mm W x 234 mm D
- Dual-sided printer: 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- Printer + laminator: 480 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- Single-sided printer: 4.1 Kg
- Dual-sided printer: 5 Kg
- Printer + laminator: 9.1 Kg
- Agency Listings Safety: Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
- Environmental Features: ENERGY STAR® qualified card printer (base models only without encoders)
- Supply Voltage: 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 amps max.
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Printer – three years
- Printhead – three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard™
- Encoding Options: Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Supported Access Control Credential Programming: iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic™, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, HID Prox
- Options: Single wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS®, MIFARE®, and contact smart card encoding); Ethernet-enabled printer supports wireless accessory; dual-sided printing module; same-side input/output card hopper; locking card input/output hopper; smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless); magnetic stripe encoding module; printer cleaning kit; Ethernet with internal print server; secure proprietary consumables system
- Software: Swift ID™ embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Colour Assist™ spot-colour matching
- Display: User-friendly, SmartScreen™ graphical display
- Printer Security: Printer access password protected
* Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y=yellow, M=magenta, C=cyan, K=resin black, O=overlay, B=dye sublimation black.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. The processing time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the number of available resources at the time of the print.
***Linux versions: Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 7.0, Fedora 18, Mandriva 2011, Red Hat 6.4, Open Suse 12.3