better with High
Superior print quality, higher reliability and durability, greater security–your photo ID cards will have all these qualities when you print and encode them with the affordable and versatile HDP5000.
3 Year Warranty on the printer and the print head plus our Standard Card Printer Service Guarantee is free with every Card Printer sold, click here for more info
Everything looks better with High Definition Printing™.
Colours are vibrant. Images are crisp. Quality is second to none. With the Fargo HDP5000, ID cards do more than protect your business — they reflect its pride. HDP5000 produces ID cards with the highest image quality available. By printing a reverse image on the underside of HDP® Film, then fusing the film to the card surface, the HDP5000 creates an image quality that looks more like a sharp glossy photo than an ordinary ID badge.
Printing on film instead of directly on the card means that the uneven surface of technology cards doesn’t compromise image quality. The HDP5000 can print up to the edge of smart chip contacts, and over-the-edge of the card.
High-quality images without the high price tag.
With the Fargo HDP5000, the price tag looks as great as the cards it produces. High Definition Printing is the most advanced method of card printing available. The HDP5000’s image quality far exceeds other models, but its cost doesn’t. No other card printer delivers High Definition images at this price point, making the HDP5000 feasible for a broad range of organisations.
Rely on it for more than good looks.
The HDP5000 is exceptionally reliable, which means less printer downtime. Because the printhead never comes in contact with the surfaces of the cards, it’s never damaged in the printing process. It carries a lifetime warranty.
Cards produced by High Definition Printing are inherently more durable and secure than other types of cards. They resist wear and tear by putting a durable layer of HDP Film between the card image and the outside world. They’re also tamper-evident
— if a counterfeiter tries to peel apart the layers, the image permanently destroys itself.
High Definition cards deliver the highest image quality
Layered on the highest functionality. HDP Film fuses to the surface of proximity and smart cards, conforming to ridges and indentations formed by embedded electronics.
Modular design grows with your needs.
Not sure what your ID card applications will require in the future? No problem. The HDP5000 is easily upgraded to fit your needs. Start with a basic single-sided unit. Install encoding modules. Upgrade to dual-sided printing. Add lamination or simultaneous dual-sided lamination for
the ultimate in card security and durability.
- Print Method: HDP Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colours: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Ribbon Options:
- Full-colour with resin black, YMCK, 500 prints
- Full-colour with two black resin panels, YMCKK*, 500 prints
- Full-colour, YMC, 750 prints
- Full-colour half-panel with resin black, ymcK, 1000 prints
- Full-colour half-panel with two black resin panels, YMCKK*, 750 prints
- Full-colour with resin black and heat seal panel, YMCKH, 500 prints
- Full-colour with resin black with a dye-based fluorescing panel, YMCFK, 500 prints
- Full-colour with resin black with inhibit panel, YMCKI, 500 prints
- Full-colour with resin black with inhibit panel and heat seal panel, YMCIKH, 450 prints
- Full-colour with two resin black with two inhibit panels, YMCKIKI, 400 prints
- Premium resin black K, 3000 prints
- HDP transfer film, 1500 prints
- HDP holographic (high secure orbit design) transfer film, 1500 prints
- Thermal transfers and PolyGuard™ overlaminates available
- Print Speed (batch mode)**:
- Up to 24 seconds per card / 150 cards per hour (YMC with transfer)*
- Up to 29 seconds per card / 124 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer)*
- Up to 40 seconds per card / 90 cards per hour (YMCKK with transfer)*
- up to 35 seconds per card / 102 cards per hour
(YMCK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
- up to 48 seconds per card / 75 cards per hour
(YMCKK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (85.6 mm L x 54 mm W)
- Print Area: Over-the-edge on CR-80 cards
- Accepted Card Thickness: 30 mil to 50 mil / .762 mm to 1.27 mm
- Input Card Cartridge Capacity: 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Output Card Cartridge Capacity: Up to 200 cards. (.030″ / .762 mm)
- Software Drivers: Windows 8/ 7/ Vista (32bit & 64 bit) / Server 2008 & 2003/ XP; Mac OS X v10.6 / v10.5 & Linux***
- Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
- Printer – Three years
- Printhead – Lifetime; unlimited pass
- Dual card input hopper
- Card lamination module – single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous)
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless)
- Dual-sided printing
- Door and cartridge locks
- Printer cleaning kit
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- 200-card input hopper
- Secure Proprietary Consumables
- Custom Secure Holographic HDP Film and Overlaminate
- Software: FARGO Workbench Diagnostic Utility with Colour Assist spot-colour matching
* Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y=Yellow, M=Magenta, C=Cyan, K=Resin Black, I=Inhibit, F=Fluorescing, H=Heat Seal.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. The processing time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the number of available resources at the time of the print.
*** Linux versions: Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04 & 10.10, Debian 5.03 & 5.04, Fedora 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 14, Mandriva One 2009, Red Hat Enterprise 5 & 6, openSuse 10.3 & 11.1, SUSE 11.4