Powerful printing and robust security at a fraction of the cost
HID Global’s latest innovative card printer, the DTC1500 has increased security, lower cost but higher capacity consumables, it is extremely versatile and best of all it’s Earth friendly.
Built with the same HID’s quality, the DTC1500 delivers a high end card printer at a low cost option.
The DTC1500 has so many features packed in this desktop card printer, it’s hard to determine what is it’s best feature. However, we believe some stand outs are the ability to apply a custom watermark as standard, high capacity but low cost consumables and the resin scamble data protection.
3 Year Warranty on the printer and the print head plus our Standard Card Printer Service Guarantee is free with every Card Printer sold, click here for more info
Don’t forget about Fargo’s one time no questions asked print head replacement for the life of the warranty
The DTC1500 comes standard with easy to implement security features like the resin scamble data protection and the addition of the ability to apply a custom watermark.
High capacity, lower cost:
With high capacity ribbons both full colour and half panel colour, the cost per print is significantly lower.
The modular design of the DTC1500, enables customers to build on their investment by adding field upgradeable modules for lamination and technology card encoding, along with the double sided option built in with a simple RFID activation to enable dual sided printing.
Print where you want:
The DTC1500 can be easily integrated into existing IT networks with ethernet or WiFi to use for both centralised or remote card printing.
GreenCircle® Certified for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly refill ribbons.
- Print Method: Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colours: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Ribbon Options:
- Full-colour with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO, 500 prints
- Full-colour with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 500 prints
- Full-colour with two resin black panels, YMCKK*, 500 prints
- Full-colour half-panel with resin black and two overlay panels, ymcKO*, 850 prints
- Full-colour half-panel with two resin black panels and overlay panel, ymcKOK*, 650 prints
- Full-colour half-panel with two resin black panels and overlay panel, ymcKOKO*, 500 prints
- Resin black (standard and premium), 3000 prints
- Print Speed**: 6 seconds per card (K*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (85.6 mm L x 54 mm W) and CR-79 Adhesive Back (84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
- Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge (85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W) and CR-79 (83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
- Accepted Card Thickness: 9 mil – 40 mil / .229 mm – 1.016 mm
- Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish, monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards, optical memory cards with PVC finish and rewrite
- Input Hopper Card Capacity: 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards. (.030″ / .762 mm)
- Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Software Drivers: Windows® 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (32 bit & 64 bit) / Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Interface: USB 2.0, Standard Ethernet with internal print server (Note: Ethernet optional on BIS-Certified Units)
- Operating Temperature: 18° to 27° C
- Humidity: 20–80% non-condensing
- Printer: 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- Printer with lamination: 480 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- Printer: 5 Kg
- Printer with lamination: 9.1 Kg
- Agency Listings Safety: Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
- Environmental Features: GreenCircle® Certified card printer (base models only without encoders), refillable supply cartridges (ECO), and
rewrite technology – no ribbon required
- Supply Voltage: 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 amps max.
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Printer – three years
- Printhead – three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard™
- Encoding Options: Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard / SE / SR / Seos®, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Options: Single wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding are only optional on BIS-Certified Units (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS® , MIFARE®, and contact smart card encoding) – Ethernet-enabled printer supports
wireless accessory; dual-sided printing module; smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless); magnetic stripe encoding module;
printer cleaning kit; secure proprietary consumables system
- Software: Swift ID™ embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Colour Assist™ spot-colour matching
- Display: Colour changing status buttons
* Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y=yellow, M=magenta, C=cyan, K=resin black, O=overlay.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. Process time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the amount of available resources at the time of the print.