Flexible, Robust and
Highly Secure ID Card
Printing & Encoding
Get more bang for your buck and more freedom for your flexibility with Fargo’s new DTC4250e direct to card printer.
How did your organisation manage without the DTC4250e direct to card printer?
When you purchase the Fargo DTC4250e, you get fast, flexible, reliable and professional quality colour ID cards, as well the option for secure card encoding and all this from one fantastic printer.
3 Year Warranty on the printer and the print head plus our Standard Card Printer Service Guarantee is free with every Card Printer sold, click here for more info.
Don’t forget about Fargo’s one time no questions asked print head replacement for the life of the warranty
NEW to the Fargo DTC4250e is WiFi connectivity!
No more horrible blue cables in plain sight or the printer being a limited distance from your computer, now select the Wifi option, and you can set the Fargo DTC4250e direct to card printer in a more convenient location.
The modular design of the Fargo DTC4250e makes it powerful and scalable to allow growth and security changes.
Secured and flexible:
With optional iCLASS, SE® encoder can be fully integrated into your card printing, which allows you to create, encode and securely manage your access from start to finish.
Protection at its best:
The DTC4250e comes standard with printer password protection and with fluorescent printing to provide a secured cost effective card security, your cards will be safe and secure.
Easy, easy & too easy:
That is what you will be saying once you start using the DTC4250e direct to card printer. With its ribbon cartridge loading from the front and the SmartScreen™ display, you will find the DTC4250e is one of the easiest card printers you will ever use.
The Final Say:
The Fargo DTC4250e is built with Genuine HID® technology and is fully interoperable with other products in the HID ecosystem, enabling organisations to leverage their existing technology investments.
- Modular design and field upgradeable
- Password protection
- Rewrite capable
- SmartScreen graphical display
- Supply replacement – Easy cartridge loading
- USB, optional Ethernet and WiFi
- Optional Dual-side printing
- Optional 125 kHz, 13.56 MHz, contact chip, and magnetic stripe encoding
- Optional same-side input/output hopper that holds 200 plastic cards
- Optional fluorescent printing for additional UV security
- Print Method: Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colours: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Ribbon Options:
- Full-colour with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO, 250 prints
- Full-colour half-panel with resin black and overlay panel, ymcKO*, 350 prints
- Full-colour with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 200 prints
- Full-colour with fluorescing, resin black and overlay panel, YMCFKO*, 200 prints
- Resin black (standard and premium), 1000 prints
- Dye-sublimation black and overlay panel, BO*, 500 prints
- Resin green, blue, red, silver, gold and white, 1000 prints
- Metallic silver and gold, 500 prints
- Print Speed**: 6 seconds per card (K*); 8 seconds per card (KO*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (85.6 mm L x 54 mm W) and CR-79 Adhesive Back (84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
- Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge (85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W) and CR-79 (83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
- Accepted Card Thickness: 9 mil – 40 mil / .229 mm – 1.016 mm
- Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish, monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards, optical memory cards with PVC finish and rewrite
- Input Hopper Card Capacity: 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards. (.030″ / .762 mm)
- Reject Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards. (.030″ / .762 mm)
- Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Software Drivers: Windows® XP / Windows Vista® (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 (32 bit & 64 bit)/
MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8 (Available soon) / Linux*** (Available soon)
- Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
- Operating Temperature: 18° to 27° C
- Humidity: 20–80% non-condensing
- Single-sided printer: 249 mm H x 460 mm W x 234 mm D
- Dual-sided printer: 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- Single-sided: 4.1 Kg
- Dual-sided: 5 Kg
- Agency Listings Safety: Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
- Environmental Features: ENERGY STAR® qualified card printer (base models only without encoders)
- Supply Voltage: 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 amps max.
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Printer – three years
- Printhead – three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard™
- Encoding Options: Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Supported Access Control Credential Programming: iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic™, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, HID Prox
- Options: Single wire ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS®, MIFARE®, and contact smart card encoding); dual-sided printing module; same-side input/output card hopper; smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless); magnetic stripe encoding module; printer cleaning kit; secure proprietary consumables system
- Software: Swift ID™ embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Colour Assist™ spot-colour matching
- Display: User-friendly, SmartScreen™ graphical display
- Printer Security: Printer access password protected
* Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y=yellow, M=magenta, C=cyan, K=resin black, O=overlay, B=dye sublimation black.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. The processing time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the number of available resources at the time of the print.
***Linux versions: Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 7.0, Fedora 18, Mandriva 2011, Red Hat 6.4, Open Suse 12.3